We all understand how the social media marketing is effective for any business growth these days. Especially for a small and medium sized businesses. Social media has been a powerful tool in the digital marketing that plays a vital role in brand awareness, generating website traffic and revenue as well since last decade.
As per the survey, we came to know that we nearly spend 2 hours a day on social networks. That’s the power of social platforms that’s keep the users fall in love with the content shared over the channels.
If you’re looking to use social platforms whether for small or medium-sized businesses to explore to the large part of the users you need to understand the social media strategy in a way to accomplishing the desired goals.
Before leveraging the power SMM requires an understanding of what are people doing here, and how they interacting?
Today, this post let you know the some interesting facts of social media that keeps user’s engagements with such platforms.
Some Social Media Usage Stats
- At present the average internet user has 7.6 social media accounts.
- There’s significant increase in social media users in Quarter two and three of 2017 i.e. 121 million
- As compared to the younger users aged 55-64 are more than twice as likely to interact with branded content.
- 96 percent of users shared or talk about the brand they even don’t follow the brand’s profile.
- We spend a lifetime average of five years and three months on social platform.
- More than 3.2 billion images are shared on social media posts.
Social Media Facts: Facebook Stats
- As per the statistics Facebook will lose 2 million users under the age of 25 this year.
- India beats United States out by about more than 30 million users of Facebook. Indonesia and Brazil are in solid competition for a distant third place.
- More than 8 billion videos are viewed daily on Facebook.
Social Media Facts: Instagram Stats
- Did you know who has the highest number of followers on Instagram? Its Instagram itself is the winner with over 233 million followers.
- Instagram stories are two times more popular than Snapchat,
- 80 percent of Instagram users follow at least one business profile
Social Media Facts: YouTube Stats
- Highest number of videos uploaded on YouTube as compared to any networks.
- YouTube known to be a second largest search engine, taking second to Google with 3 billion searches a month.
Social Media Facts: Twitter Stats
- There are more than 1.3 billion Twitter accounts and only about a quarter of them are active each month.
- Earlier took 3 years, 2 months and 1 day to go from the first tweet to the billionth. At present, user tweeting 200 billion times per year.
- It has been found 80% of Twitter users access the network from their smartphone.
Social Media Marketing Stats
Did you know more than 5 million brands are advertising on Facebook, a number that’s roughly near to the population of Colorado.
In 2017, Social media’s worldwide ad spend was $35 billion.
Social media is relentlessly changing, and it remains very crucial to your digital marketing strategy. You need to understand the concept and rules of the game to optimize the social activities to rise above the competition.
Digital Marketer having 5+ years of experience in Digital Marketing. He is always hunger for helping students, people and individuals in all aspects of internet marketing. Also provides technical SEO and SMO services for businesses of all sizes. Follow him on twitter: @imMonazir