Here I’m come again with another PPC tutorial and in this post you’ll learn about the important factors for creating a PPC campaign. If you visited first time, don’t forget to see the previous PPC tutorial for beginners. Start from basic level!!
This can be the second chapter for Pay Per Click class, and you’ll get keyword research strategy, keywords types, PPC setting location & languages for a successful PPC campaign.
Building a Keyword List for PPC Campaign
The basic steps of building a keyword list are:
- Create a basic list (Seed List) of usual business terms
- Expand the list using keyword research tools
- Refine the list of keywords
You can use the given target model for keyword research & building an impactful keyword list.
Important Keyword Research Tools
There is lot of free and paid Keyword research tools help you to make the list of keywords in most relevance of the seller’s products and services. All these tools suggest great variations of the words from which you can select the convenient one.
Let’s see these tools:
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner : Recommended by the experts
- Word Tracker
- Keyword Discovery
- SEO Book Keyword Suggestion Tools
PPC Keyword Match Types
Pay Per Click Keyword match types determine how closely a customer or user query matches with the keywords allocated by the advertiser.
The keywords are matched irrespective of their case. That is, “learn ppc”, “Learn PPC”, and “LEARN PPC”, all are treated the same.
The following shows the keywords match types from broad match to narrow match:
Broad Match Keyword: Men’s shoes: buy men’s shoes
Modifier Keyword Broad Match:
Work same as: Shoes for mens
Phrase Match: “Keyword”: “Men’s Shoes”: Shoes for men
Exact Match: [Keyword]: [men’s shoes]: men’s perfumes
PPC – Setting Location & Language
Demographics of Users: Most important in running PPC campaign
For getting higher number of impressions, more CTC, and in turn higher return on investment (ROI) from the PPC ad, you need to analyze the target locations beforehand.
A target market can be segmented on the basis of:
- Geographic location of users
- Language of users
- Demographics of users
User demographics are an important factor while targeting an industry or a market. It includes gender, age, income, marital status, literacy, occupation and lifestyle of the ad recipients.
You should need to consider the following demographics while creating an ad:
- Gender: Male and female users react differently towards consumer products, services, shopping, jewelry, magazines, etc.
- Age: Users’ needs and demands change with age group.
- Income: Users’ affordability varies depending upon their income levels.
- Occupation: Users’ occupation affects their lifestyle which in turn affect the product or service they opt for.
- Marital status is an important factor. Experts say, single buyer buys a specific product more frequently than those who are married. Also, married people are inclined to pay more prices.
- Literacy: Awareness and comfort level of the users with handling internet activities affect PPC ads and in turn the seller’s business targets.
- Lifestyle: The acceptance of a product is highly driven by the user’s day to day lifestyle.
Please like, share and comment for any important factor that I might miss out. And do visit for next topic about PPC – Writing a Killer PPC Ad.
Digital Marketer having 5+ years of experience in Digital Marketing. He is always hunger for helping students, people and individuals in all aspects of internet marketing. Also provides technical SEO and SMO services for businesses of all sizes. Follow him on twitter: @imMonazir