Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the technique or process of optimizing web pages of sites in order to make them search engine friendly, thus getting top positions in various search results. Here at SEO Tutorial Point, explains the useful SEO tips and techniques to improve the visibility of your websites for all major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. This tutorial will helpful for the beginners to understand the SEO features. SEO is all about optimizing a site for search engines.
SEO is a process for developing a website to rank well in search engine results, generating quality traffic to a website from search engines. SEO is a subdivision of Digital Marketing and Search Engine Marketing. For basic SEO, it is essential that you understand how search engines work.
Search Engine Works by following steps
- Crawling is the initial step and it is the process of fetching all the pages of a website. Software called by name Crawler or a spider that perform this task. It is also known by Google in terms of Google.
- The second step, Indexing is the process of creating index for all the fetched web pages and keeping them into a giant database from where it can later be retrieved.
- The third step, processing whenever a search request done, the search engine processes it. That is, it compares the search string in the search request with the indexed pages in the database.
- The fourth step is Calculating Relevancy– Here, the search engine starts calculating the relevancy of the search query from indexed pages in giant database.
- Retrieving– The final step in search engine activities is retrieving the best useful and related results.
Google, Bing and Yahoo! often update their algorithm dozens of times on months and yearly basis. Whenever you see changes in your website rankings it is due to an algorithmic changes or something else outside of your control.
Copywriting is the most important part in SEO!!
What is SEO Copywriting?
Copywriting is the process of writing content on a website page in such a way that it reads properly for the user or the surfer, and also targets direct search terms. The main purpose of the SEO copywriting is to rank top in the search engines for the related search terms.
Along with content, SEO copywriting optimizes on-page elements for the targeted search terms. These include the Meta Title, Meta Description, Meta Keywords, headings, and alternative text. This all includes in Meta Tags, and it comes in ON Page Optimization.
Check also basic Search Engine Optimization Terms
What is Search Engine Rank?
Whenever we search any products or services using a search engine, it displays millions of results found in its giant database. A website or a page ranking is measured by the position of site pages displayed in the search engine. If a search engine is putting your website page on the first position, it means that your website page rank will be number ONE and it will be assumed as the page with the top rank.