Learn how to install WordPress step by step, easy for beginners WP installation process in quick way from WordPress.org.
NOTE: If you’ve already signed up for a free site at WordPress.com or you already running a working installation of WordPress, then you do not need to re-install WordPress. Feel free to skip this tutorial!
Let see the five easy steps to install WordPress
- First, log on WordPress.org to download the latest version of WordPress.
- Upload downloaded files to your web server, using FTP.
- Create a MySQL database.
- Create user for the WordPress.
- Configure WordPress to connect to the newly created database.
- Complete the installation process and setup your new WordPress site.
There’re certain steps required to install new WordPress platform on your web server or domain. This tutorial going to explain all procedures and step by step software installation, so please follow the descriptions.
What we required before the installation of WordPress?
When you plan to start installing WordPress, you’ll need a web hosting provider or company. As there’re many hosting companies that provide shared, re-seller, dedicated, etc. types of hosting services within 7$-10$ a month.
Know about top Hosting providers
Now, back to WordPress installation! This tutorial will covers manually install WordPress on web server. You’ll required top four things for WP installation.
- FTP – File Transfer Protocol, you’ll need this to access your web server.
- Now second thing is FTP Client: It is a desktop application that allows transferring and copy web files from computer to web server via some free FTP clients. Like Cyberduck and FileZilla available for Mac and Windows PCs. Personally I use FileZilla, it easy to use and recommended by most web developers.
- Text Editor you’ll require, like Sublime, Notepad++ or TextEdit.
- Final thing, web browser like Chrome and Safari are best, as they support the latest HTML5 and CSS3 web standards.
Learn more simple in video:
Now, let’s learn how to install WordPress
As, you’ve seen above mention to five steps for the WordPress installing process. Let’s see in details, First, download the latest version of the WordPress setup from WordPress.org and unzip it. Open the downloaded file and upload these files to your web server, via FTP client like FileZilla.
Open the FileZilla and find the newly downloaded files, then enters the credentials which is provided by your web hosting service provider. If you don’t have, then get it now!
Filezilla works similarly as compared to other client software. Select all files that you need to upload, dragged them to the just right hand side; it will start the uploading files to the server.
Just after the completion of files uploading, login on your web hosting control panel like I’m using Hostgator, it’s very convenient to easy and user friendly.
Creating a Database is very important steps in WordPress installation process. You should have a Database module that permits to create MySQL Databases.
Enter a name for the database (name can be anything that you like) and then click “Create Database.” Now, you’ll require a MySQL user with permissions to access & change the database. Keep it secure password and don’t forget to save it as it will require using in several steps.
Next, connect WordPress to the created database.
Now back to your FTP client. Find the “wp-config,” and rename the sample file to wp-config.php.
Then, open this file by double click; it’ll open in your text editor (Notepad++) then fill the database details you created.
Next, save and close this file. Now you’re ready to run the WordPress installation script!
Enter the new site’s web address in the browser, and WordPress will prompt you to fill out a few details like the Site’s Title, Username, Password, and email address.
Note: Don’t lose these credentials, as you’ll need this every time you log into the WordPress.
Now you can use your domain name with wp-admin to access your WordPress administration. Fill username and password that you’ve required to create above.