In this tutorial, we’re going to share complete Google Webmasters tools tutorial or Search Console that every bloggers should to know. I must say, whether you’re a pro, an intermediate or a starter, you’ll sure find something useful from this information.
You might have interacted with the digital marketers, bloggers, SEOs or content writers as they always use some of free available tools that make some sort of ease, when it comes in the web promotions.
If you’re a beginner in the Digital Marketing, you must aware about the free tools that are very important to practice. As you can find a bunch of free tools online and can also use to get the better understanding about your business promotions.
Google Webmaster Tools or Search Console
This is the most important free tool from Google, especially for SEO practitioners. In this post you’ll get complete Google Webmasters tools tutorial or search console. This Google search console is also known as Google Webmasters Tool (GWT) that is responsible to give overall website health status & reports.
There’s no limit to learn Webmaster tools, the more you use, more you like to learn.
Let’s first login on GWT account: https://www.google.com/webmasters
Once you signed in, put your domain and click on add property, it’ll then let you on another interface.
Add a property of the site that you want get website health status and complete reports.
Then after adding property, you’ve to verify the ownership of the site; it can be done either two methods:
- Recommended Methods
- Alternate Methods
We’ve found many of the search engine optimizer use alternate methods to make verify. There’re also certain ways in the alternate method verification as shown in below image.
You can confirm your verification as per your convenient.
Once you’ve verified you’ll shown up like this in you Google Webmasters tools.
Now, there’re certain sections that you will need to understand:
- Dashboard: Will work as home display of your verified property. Like current status, search analytics and sitemap status.
- Message: It’ll give you site health status or any recommendation message from Google.
- Search Appearance: Required bit technical knowledge before proceeding, if you don’t have much knowledge, better to leave it. As it very crucial in search results. Meanwhile you can learn by name that it contains like Structure Data, Rich cards, Data Highlighters, HTML Improvement and Accelerated Mobile pages.
- Search Traffic: Give you complete status of the website like search analytics, number of backlinks, internal linking number, Manual action if any, Geo targeting and Mobile usability.
- Crawl: Gives you the web pages status that the number of crawled pages by the Google bots. First one is crawl errors that give if any problem in indexing pages of the site. When it occurs, will show as sever error, not found (404 errors), soft 404 and etc.
- Fetch as Google: You can use fetch as Google for newly created pages or post to get indexed quickly. There’re two options that you can submit as Fetch and Fetch and Render as well. Fetch and Render enables to crawl whole page’s content that it contained as images or videos.
- Robots.txt Tester: Enables you to test bots crawling of the site’s contents or pages. Just paste the url that you want to check then click on test as Googlebot.
- Sitemap: This is all time important for all webmasters owners. Sitemap contains your entire site’s urls that bots get full list to crawl at the single visit. So, be precise in creating the sitemap file. Keep it separate for xml and html format.
There’re more to cover up, but it’s good enough for a beginner or starter to learn and practice at basic level. Will come up with more tutorials about the Website issue rectification, manual message from Google resolving, use of structured data, schema, data highlighter and lot more!
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading the stuff, keep visiting for more.
Must try: Google Analytics Tutorial
Digital Marketer having 5+ years of experience in Digital Marketing. He is always hunger for helping students, people and individuals in all aspects of internet marketing. Also provides technical SEO and SMO services for businesses of all sizes. Follow him on twitter: @imMonazir